11 Jul 2011

***Google+ initial thoughts***

Been using Google+ for a day now. I am impressed so far. Took a while to "get it" as is to be expected. I am sure i will learn more about using it as the time goes on. But it has a nice feel at the moment. Has a cult-y vibe due to the 'invite only' thing which always helps. I assume thats clever marketing on Googles part there.

I really like the idea of categorizing people you follow. Sort of like having twitter lists on facebook. I like the twitter idea of 'lists' but i rarely use them as i found them to clunky and time consuming. The idea of 'circles' certainly works for me though.

I suppose time will tell if it works out. It has all the open doors it needs to 'work'. i guess it just depends on the uptake once it is open to all.

Two things i hope google realizes -

1. If i want online gaming i will play COD. Not Farmville. Please don't go down that route.

2. Although some sort of music integration would be welcomed please don't take it to far. If you make it too easy for musicians/bands to spam then they will, and thats a sure fire way to kill yourself (Hello MySpace). I like the idea that at the moment it forces you to network online the 'right' way.

Thats my two cents,

MIkeyFGH


No comments:

Post a Comment