22 Jul 2011

How are you using Facebook these days?

I have a quick question for you all,

I am using Facebook less and less these days for personal social networking and instead using it mainly for maintaining the 'From Great Height Page'.

I have always previously seen Facebook as my main social network and the one i tried to keep private. But now with the addition of twitter (which i love) and Google+ (which i am fast becoming a big fan of) is it time for me to open up my facebook page a bit and use it more as a marketing tool? I have always kept my 'Friends List' strictly people i know or i have had actually contact with' where as twitter is a different mind set.

Am i going about this wrong? If FB is people main outlet for social network maybe i should be using FB more effectively to try and reach my potential fanbase?

I like the idea of holding something back. Having somewhere i can use just to contact friends and family, Google+ will allow me to do both at the same time leading me to think this is going to be my preference from now on. So is it time for to open the gates? What do you think? How are you using Facebook?

MikeyFGH

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote a really long explanation of why Google have done something very clever with Google+, but it wouldn't post and now it's gone. Damn.

    Basically, the 'circles' idea is very clever and allows it to be all things to all people. The only problem I can see is that you don't seem to be able to choose what you see from other people. Someone might exclude you from their cookery circle thinking you're not interested, but you might be without realising it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess in that sense it forces you to interact more to see what each other are all about. But i do see your point.

    I guess nothing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete