5 Jul 2011

Some thoughts on the MySpace take-over

The reason MySpace failed is cause musicians do not want to acquire other musicians instead of fans (and let's face it, MySpace did pretty much become BandSpace). They want to acquire like minded music fans willing to listen to new stuff and interact to build an online relationship.

This is why I believe a musician based social network is doomed to fail. Hopefully Justin Timberlake don't take this route.

I think some sort of talent competition could be a great idea though. Perhaps the highest rated people in their chosen genres get tv time? It forces bands to promote to gain fans but still I don't see how that would stop the infinite stream of band spam which almost killed MySpace first time round. It's a tough one. Too tough for me.

I really can't see a happy ending for MySpace at the moment. Hopefully I am wrong. I wish it no harm.

What do you guys think?

Location:London,United Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a pain in the arse when you bother to write something interesting and then no bastard appears to read or reply. That was the same with MySpace. At least with Facebook it's more transparent. I only switched I Chameleon to Facebook because feedback was dwindling and because the personal anonymity that you like as well was getting so I wasn't just anonymous.....I was invisible!!

    I just Looks like it failed to upload. Seperating personal and fanbase is a real advantage with Google plus and they have a far wider potential group of followers so I think it's only a matter of time that certain key people will switch and then there will be a flood following them. Le Roi est Mort, Vive Le Roi!!

    There is only one direction and you already know what it is.....As always.....Onwards and Upwards.

    Meic

    ReplyDelete